Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all car owners to come and show off they're ride and chat about any aspect of cruising and car modification

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Project: NC ghia turbo

Go down 
+2
MRGMH5
huggiebear
6 posters
AuthorMessage
huggiebear
Starter motor
Starter motor

My Project: NC ghia turbo Empty
PostSubject: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:17 am

hi, my names rick, i own a 1992 NC Fairlane ghia

specs:
EF 4.0, stock internals for now, snort stage 1 turbo manifold, GT3582r, 3" dump pipe
stock BTR 4 speed (for now) with 2400 stallie, electronic shift kit
EF dash and complete loom
EF door trims
boot loom was modified to suit the NC tail lights and also modded so ALL lighs on the back are brake/tail lights, from factory there is 4 tail and 2 brake lights. (excluding parcel shelf)
engine bay loom hidden in guard.
polished rockercover
600x400 intercooler which is hidden behind the front bar.
stock 3.23 LSD hich is currently being modded to fit the EF handbrake setup

plans are to run 9psi through this motor until it blows. i also have a few motors sitting here, one of which will be built to handle a bit of power. also a worked box is on the cards and better diff ratios

when i bought the car over 3 years ago it was a complete stocker. i worked hard to get it past rwc and was over the moon when it finally got rego. since then its seen a number of imrovements and mods. it had a EL Tickford motor in it for a while until a snapped wade cam put an end to that.

i purchased a motor from my brothers mate who ensured me the motor was perfect, payed too much for what it was, had to drive 2 hours to pick it up from a muddy yard with nothing to lift it with.. in the end i was told it came from a car that was rear ended which had smashed the gearbox from force which explained the massive vibrations on anything over 2000rpm. of course the dodgy people end up in arguments and try and say im lieing.. but i guess its a good thing as while it was off the road i decided on the EF conversion which was done rather easily. the motor was installed and started (rebuild a motor from bits and pieces) and then i remembered a talk i had with snort performace about a AIT kit that was fitted to a few EA's back in '89. after payment was done cracks were noticed in the manifold, so snort being good he contacted me and an agreement was made for the upgrades.

since then its been pretty slow, money dried up, rent went up so im currenty putting it on hold until finances come better.

still to come are the following:
aftermarket ECU (had a EMS Dual Sport but didnt like fords crank angle sensors on EF and AU so it was sold)
bigger injectors, i want atleast 42lb
a better diff system
forged motor
built gearbox

enough talk from me, here are some pics
My Project: NC ghia turbo Insert
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2921800x600
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2915800x600
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2649800x600
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2642800x600
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2637800x600
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2244800x600
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2148800x600
My Project: NC ghia turbo 100_2143800x600
Back to top Go down
MRGMH5
Admin
MRGMH5

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:21 am

Oh helllll yea! gotta love Luxo's. especially 1 that moves! :-) keep us updated rick!
Back to top Go down
xrghiawagon
Intake manifold
Intake manifold

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 am

Rick... Your not gonna be able to keep up with these forums at this rate...
Back to top Go down
huggiebear
Starter motor
Starter motor

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:59 am

oh its easy to keep up. same info in every thread, use firefox, have all threads saved to bookmarks toolbar, then when i need to update right click open all in new tabs... lol

she should get up and boogie when done. im tempted to throw a small turbo on the daily DA LTD (in another thread)
Back to top Go down
MRGMH5
Admin
MRGMH5

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:02 am

yea just something streetable with low boost would be good
Back to top Go down
huggiebear
Starter motor
Starter motor

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:10 am

yeah i was thinking home made manifold, T3 internal gate, mated up to the current 2.5" ehaust, AU injectors with a 2:1 fuel reg and a J3 chip. small front mount intercooler. i dont want anything too big as i want to keep my current gas setup. tho it doesnt have any flow issues...

when it went for its gas cert for rego they guy was showing me what all the readings ment, the convo went a little something like this...

see that reading there of 800 odd
yeah
it has to be 200..
bloody hell (shocked look on my face)
if qld transport follows you and does an emissions test anything over 300 and they will de-register your car on the spot
oh ok so what reading is that?
thats the top right one thats currently reading 9000!!! and its tuned as low as we can get it
F**K ME DEAD!!!!

so yes it has more then enough supply to suit boost haha
Back to top Go down
BASSLINE
Mechanical Shift-kit
Mechanical Shift-kit
BASSLINE

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:26 am

this thing looks nuts as keep up the good work love how clean it is
Back to top Go down
WILDEB
750 Holley
WILDEB

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:50 am

lol. thats sick
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:22 pm

any idea what kinda power this thing will make?
Back to top Go down
https://ausstreetcruising.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Project: NC ghia turbo   My Project: NC ghia turbo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Project: NC ghia turbo
Page 1 of 1