Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all car owners to come and show off they're ride and chat about any aspect of cruising and car modification

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
evilhighway
Intake manifold
Intake manifold

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) Empty
PostSubject: evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)   evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:10 am

Ok Guys most of you know who i am and if you don't you are lucky haha.

As Stated I still have my L200 Daihatsu Mira and it is temporarily diasbled just like me! Haha.

i did an engine conversion that was a 850cc carby block onto a turbo 660cc efi head. The reason for this was to increase power and drop the compression to accomodate froced induction. Some porobs i ran into was what timing belt to use and the injectors were not big enough to run the dropped compression as the 850cc pistons are dished and not raised like the 660cc.
I also had to find a eb 550cc water pump as the one for the 660 wouldnt line up so out came the angle grinder and I shaved it back so it was flush.

The car ran ten times better and I could rev it out to almost 10,000 and didnt have to worry about valve bounce etc. I was still trying to get the fine tunning right when I struck problems at about 130ks on a private road it would all of a sudden start missing and spluttering really bad and then On my Mrs Birthday (we joke about the curse of her Bday) i was in Grafton which to you Bendigonians is like Castlemaine distance from benders. Did my groceries and bought the B/day cake and she died. would only just idle and i did get it running after finally getting the revs up but it only lasted about 4 km's if that. So i got it home that weekend and it has been that way since. Its getting de-registered as Im not gonna stuff around Ive got another engine rebuild to go in and Im going to do it all properly but my daily and medical bills are my first priority.

Here Is what the new Engine Is going to Be:

Its going to be a ED10 Block Mira or handivan (850cc) That has already been stripped down
EJ-DE Sirion Pistons these are about 71.5 to 72 mm in diameter compared to the 66.6 that the ED10 has
Then the EF-EL Turbo head will be going back on.
Then I will look at saving for a decent ecu and have one in mind as well as a tuner on the gold coast. (its worth traveling here) The reason for the ecu also is the ef/el 660cc has a smaller stroke of about 2cm than the 850cc and I believe this to be one of the high speed probs I was having

Alot of people are opting for the JE-DE siron/cuore 1ltr engine but i dont want to go that way. If you look at the pics in the qld cruise section mine is the red on.
The white one was now running a stock 1ltr engine and when being in it couldnt tell much difference from my first combo.
The Blue one is one of the most awsome cars Ive been in.
I wont say everything hes running or done and its completely changed in a lot of ways since then. Lets just say that no ecotech 6 has a chance and I think he only really gets worried about LS1's when they are boosted.
Ofcoarse there is a top speed which it does top out at. But Im not gonna give out much info as its happened to him way too much and I respect him as a mate to bite my tongue. Hes done alot of research and development and he gets dickheads all the time asking him stupid ****!

Anyway another reason Im not going the Srioin 1 ltr engine is beacause I know of atleast 4-5 people that have done that and they are all breaking clutches and or gearbox's. A guy in Jamaica that I talk to has the sam engine combo I had and it took him about 3 years to do the clutch on his and his is boosted.

Eventually I will be looking at paralel twin charging with a probably a amr500 and a t28

First things first though is to get the block done!

Thanks for reading my first essay!
Back to top Go down
MRGMH5
Admin
MRGMH5

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) Empty
PostSubject: Re: evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)   evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:22 am

got any pics of these rockets jimmy?
Back to top Go down
evilhighway
Intake manifold
Intake manifold

PostSubject: Re: evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)   evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:53 am

here one of them all together again at a different time!

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) 005

and the old ones.

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P2264900-1
evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P2264901-1-1
evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P2264906

Some random stuff of mine!

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P72500651

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P7210056

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P7100029

Surf Time
evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P5050204

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P9230030

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) P9230031
I will also do a thread for my daily Nissan Patrol Soon so heres a piccy of them together!

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) PA1001291

And will also do a thread for my mrs car which is a g203 charade but no pic of it yet but work on asthetics has started.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)   evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:28 pm

cute little toys Laughing is there a AWD conversion for these things?
Back to top Go down
https://ausstreetcruising.forumotion.com
evilhighway
Intake manifold
Intake manifold

PostSubject: Re: evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)   evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Admin wrote:
cute little toys Laughing is there a AWD conversion for these things?

Not worth the $$$ to do and to get them here is ultra rare and import costs well. A few of us kei car guys have talked about getting one and making dumby shafts for the front to make one a rwd. That would be fun.

These little cars are an acquired taste and I love em. Not for most who love there BIG cars but I love tearing around in them. So much fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)   evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

evilhighway still has the mira and it has temporary death syndrome (not 4 long)
Page 1 of 1